- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 10ml (2 tsp) oil
- 100g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 25g (1 oz) flour
- 150ml (1/4 pint) stock
- 150ml (1/4 pint) fresh milk
- 350g (12 oz) cooked turkey meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 150ml (5fl oz) flesh single cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dry sherry or lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- cooked rice & peas (optional) to serve
- Fry pepper gently in butter and oil for 5 minutes
- Add mushrooms and fry gently for 5 minutes. Transfer to palte.
- Stir flour into remaining butter and oil in pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes without browning.
- Gradually blend in stock and milk.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
- Lower heat and add pepper, mushrooms and turkey. Cover and heat through gently for 10 minutes.
- Add cream and sherry or lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice & peas (optional).
Image credit: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/turkey-a-la-king-with-rice/