- 2 cups diced turkey meat
- 6 oz. egg noodles (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons worchestershire
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup fresh porcini mushrooms – sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsely
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add peas and continue cooking for about 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Create a sauce by making a roux first. This is simply done by melting 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkling 2 tablespoons of flour on top. Whisk together to make a paste.
- Add milk to the roux and continue whisking on low heat.
- Then add the chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine the sauce with the noodles, turkey, peas and mushroom mix, and stir well.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 8 inch round casserole dish and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a nice side salad.
Image & Recipe credit: Leftover Turkey Casserole